Dogs Best Friend
Dog Behavioural & Training Blog/Tips
Last 5 entries
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. Your dog's fear seeming to come out of nowhere? Fear Impact Periods.
- Dog Training. Dog Behaviour. Dog's Nipping and Mouthing.
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. Dog Parks and Dog Off-Lead Area's
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. Dog Safety. Knowledge of dog behaviour for children.
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. The Christmas Rush!
- Leadership and Dominance in Dog Training
- Guy Fawkes and similar stressors for dogs
- Separation Anxiety
- 'Walking the Dog' and all associated...
- Dog 'Ownership' Helpful Tips
- Preventing 'Fixation'/'Obsession'
- With Cats...
- General Training
- 'Obedience' Type Command Instruction
- Safety Around Dogs
- A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist
- Entertainment for your dog
- The problem with gadgets in effective dog training
- Stress in Dogs
- Reactionary Behaviour
- Embarrassing antics our dogs get up to...
- 'Tis the Season'
- Visitors and your Dog
- Issues with Food
- Cars/Vehicles and your Dog
- Why does my dog?
With this being the season of family gatherings -
Let’s look at your dog’s stealing food from the table.
Dogs steal food because -
- Food has been given to them when they are begging at the table and they are coming back for more.
- Your dog is bored - make sure they are getting out and and about exercising and have sufficient mental stimulation. [Read More…]
The best way to deal with a dog that is protective over its food bowl is to dispense with the bowl altogether.
This usually solves the problem very quickly.
You can scatter your dogs food, making it harder for your dog to protect, which diffuses the situation. [Read More…]
© Dogs Best Friend Limited 2021.
dog trainer operating in the Hamilton, Waikato and Tauranga area's of New Zealand
dog behaviourist / dog behaviour specialist