Dogs Best Friend
Dog Behavioural & Training Blog/Tips
Last 5 entries
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. Your dog's fear seeming to come out of nowhere? Fear Impact Periods.
- Dog Training. Dog Behaviour. Dog's Nipping and Mouthing.
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. Dog Parks and Dog Off-Lead Area's
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. Dog Safety. Knowledge of dog behaviour for children.
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. The Christmas Rush!
- Leadership and Dominance in Dog Training
- Guy Fawkes and similar stressors for dogs
- Separation Anxiety
- 'Walking the Dog' and all associated...
- Dog 'Ownership' Helpful Tips
- Preventing 'Fixation'/'Obsession'
- With Cats...
- General Training
- 'Obedience' Type Command Instruction
- Safety Around Dogs
- A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist
- Entertainment for your dog
- The problem with gadgets in effective dog training
- Stress in Dogs
- Reactionary Behaviour
- Embarrassing antics our dogs get up to...
- 'Tis the Season'
- Visitors and your Dog
- Issues with Food
- Cars/Vehicles and your Dog
- Why does my dog?
The Walk -
The walk is the best form of mental stimulation!
Pent up energy of mental or physical forms has been linked to tension and anxiety.
There is more stimulation (different sights, smells etc.) when you break up the day with two walks and this also burns more energy than a single big, less intense one. [Read More…]
Oh the chase!
With cars -
It can be unfortunate that cars ‘run away’ swiftly and allow the perfect chance for a good fast chase for your dog!
Chasing can become quite the obsession - think cats, fixation on torch lights etc. [Read More…]
Preventing ‘Fixation’- That ‘glazed over look your dog may get - seemingly obsessed with something.’
‘A possible outcome for a dog’s unreleased energy (either mental or physical) is the dog becoming fixated on or obsessed with something..’
Did you know ‘Fixation’ has not been recorded in wild canines? Interesting huh?
I believe for this problem scenario you really want to get in and catch your dog before they have ‘entered the zone’ and their brain is flooded with adrenaline. [Read More…]
© Dogs Best Friend Limited 2021.
dog trainer operating in the Hamilton, Waikato and Tauranga area's of New Zealand
dog behaviourist / dog behaviour specialist