Dogs Best Friend
Dog Behavioural & Training Blog/Tips
- Leadership and Dominance in Dog Training
- Guy Fawkes and similar stressors for dogs
- Separation Anxiety
- 'Walking the Dog' and all associated...
- Dog 'Ownership' Helpful Tips
- Preventing 'Fixation'/'Obsession'
- With Cats...
- General Training
- 'Obedience' Type Command Instruction
- Safety Around Dogs
- A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist
- Entertainment for your dog
- The problem with gadgets in effective dog training
- Stress in Dogs
- Reactionary Behaviour
- Embarrassing antics our dogs get up to...
- 'Tis the Season'
- Visitors and your Dog
- Cars/Vehicles and your Dog
- Why does my dog?
- Dogs Taking/Collecting Items
Here is some useful advice in regards to children and dogs interacting.
- Children are more likely to be attacked by a dog they know. Supervision is key, do not be complacent, dogs are not fluffy babysitters. [Read More…]
Do you want dogs to like you?
You know those people, the ones that don’t seem to give a bar about dogs but dogs fawn all over them.
There’s definitely something to it. [Read More…]
Many children I come across in my school visits, say a friendly dog has a wagging tail but a tail wag does not always mean a friendly dog…
When a dogs tail is wagging up ’stiff like a board’ (almost ‘ping ping ping’) instead of ‘flowing like a wave’, this is not a good, friendly sign!
Education is key (I offer free dog safety & education talks to schools within my business area)
Selina McIntyre, Dog Behavioural Consultant & Dog Trainer, Dogs Best Friend.
A discussion was had with me today around dog safety information. Essentially it was believed that all in the dog training/behaviour field would be advising the same approach with interaction and associated safety around dogs.
As with anything though, there are many and varied ‘tidbits’ of information out there being handed out and personally I do not feel all are responsible. [Read More…]
© Dogs Best Friend Limited 2020.
dog trainer operating in the Hamilton, Waikato and Tauranga area's of New Zealand
dog behaviourist / dog behaviour specialist