Dogs Best Friend
Dog Behavioural & Training Blog/Tips
Last 5 entries
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. Your dog's fear seeming to come out of nowhere? Fear Impact Periods.
- Dog Training. Dog Behaviour. Dog's Nipping and Mouthing.
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. Dog Parks and Dog Off-Lead Area's
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. Dog Safety. Knowledge of dog behaviour for children.
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. The Christmas Rush!
- Leadership and Dominance in Dog Training
- Guy Fawkes and similar stressors for dogs
- Separation Anxiety
- 'Walking the Dog' and all associated...
- Dog 'Ownership' Helpful Tips
- Preventing 'Fixation'/'Obsession'
- With Cats...
- General Training
- 'Obedience' Type Command Instruction
- Safety Around Dogs
- A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist
- Entertainment for your dog
- The problem with gadgets in effective dog training
- Stress in Dogs
- Reactionary Behaviour
- Embarrassing antics our dogs get up to...
- 'Tis the Season'
- Visitors and your Dog
- Issues with Food
- Cars/Vehicles and your Dog
- Why does my dog?
A reoccurring point keeps coming to my attention. I have been getting alot of clients lately that have used ‘dog trainers’ and their recommendations - I use this term loosely as no qualification is required for this proclamation- and their dogs are very much still exhibiting the same behaviours (and sometimes bonus ‘negatives’ thrown in) for what they sought help for originally. Dogs Best Friend will always take the time to get to the route of the problem, not simply advise tips and training ‘tricks’ for individual behaviours. [Read More…]
Admin - 18:56:33 @ A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist | Add a comment
I believe in dealing with ‘behavioural issues’ where they are actually occuring- for a better representation of the situation. Hence I both assess and we undertake our training in your home environment (as well as some time spent at a nearby park etc.), Selina.
Dogs Best Friend. Dog Behavioural Consultancy.
Admin - 18:51:13 @ A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist | Add a comment
A problem can arise when you are facing a trying behavioural situation and you hire a Dog Behavioural Consultant as part of an ‘attempt to prove your points’ around training your dog to your ’significant other’.
A good Consultant will not tell you what you want to hear but what you NEED to hear. Cue potential conflict… [Read More…]
Admin - 18:42:06 @ A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist | Add a comment
© Dogs Best Friend Limited 2021.
dog trainer operating in the Hamilton, Waikato and Tauranga area's of New Zealand
dog behaviourist / dog behaviour specialist