Dogs Best Friend
Dog Behavioural & Training Blog/Tips
Last 5 entries
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. Your dog's fear seeming to come out of nowhere? Fear Impact Periods.
- Dog Training. Dog Behaviour. Dog's Nipping and Mouthing.
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. Dog Parks and Dog Off-Lead Area's
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. Dog Safety. Knowledge of dog behaviour for children.
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. The Christmas Rush!
- Leadership and Dominance in Dog Training
- Guy Fawkes and similar stressors for dogs
- Separation Anxiety
- 'Walking the Dog' and all associated...
- Dog 'Ownership' Helpful Tips
- Preventing 'Fixation'/'Obsession'
- With Cats...
- General Training
- 'Obedience' Type Command Instruction
- Safety Around Dogs
- A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist
- Entertainment for your dog
- The problem with gadgets in effective dog training
- Stress in Dogs
- Reactionary Behaviour
- Embarrassing antics our dogs get up to...
- 'Tis the Season'
- Visitors and your Dog
- Issues with Food
- Cars/Vehicles and your Dog
- Why does my dog?
With visitors coming and going at this time of year I thought it might be helpful to discuss
‘Dogs weeing when greeting visitors…’
Yes yes this may be a tad embarrassing for you the owner but
this can be Submissive or Excitement Urination.
For this issue, PUNISHMENT WILL MAKE THIS WORSE NOT BETTER!
Excitement Urination - It’s like, ‘I’m so excited I peed my pants!’
Excitement urination is seen particularly in young dogs who haven’t developed their muscle control, so gets better over time. Take your pup for more frequent walks to empty his or her bladder. Try to always greet your dog calmly or not until they calm down.
Clean up their mess and ignore the action.
Submissive Urination -
Again more common in young and also female dogs but also your young dog will be showing what are called ‘Appeasement’ signs - Lowered body - flattened ears, rolling over as well as licking and looking away. It is good to approach these dogs in a quieter, gentler way and from the side.
Again, if urination does happen, do not react verbally or physically, just calmly clean up the mess if need be, Selina McIntyre, Dog Behavioural Consultant & Dog Trainer, Dogs Best Friend.
essay shark review
Dog behaviour is observed and keenly understood for the citizens. All the previous experiences of the dog and essay shark review is filed for the future items. Pattern is fit for all goals. The pure sign is placed for the filling of the goals for humans.
Fill out the form below to add your own comments
© Dogs Best Friend Limited 2021.
dog trainer operating in the Hamilton, Waikato and Tauranga area's of New Zealand
dog behaviourist / dog behaviour specialist